Wednesday, November 27, 2013

27 weeks

How far along? 27 weeks.  
Total weight gain: +15 lbs. Ugh - last time I was only at 8lbs.


Maternity clothes? Oh yes, and I'm really limited on my options.  Most of my old maternity clothes are from summer, and even layering sleeveless blouse with a maternity cardigan is not warm enough right now!  I've bought a few sweaters this time around, but I really feel like I have very few options. 

Stretch marks? Just the one or two from before. (A little one on the skin where my belly button was pierced and a couple little ones under the belly button.)  Stripes of pride. :-)

Sleep: Not too bad, when Aaden sleeps all night.  I'm usually up once per night for a bathroom run.

Best moment this week: Another Dr. appointment - with the glucose test that I passed!  I always love an opportunity to make sure everything is okay, and heart our little baby's heartbeat.  Thanksgiving is this week and I can't wait to see my family and spend time with loved ones.  Not to mention all the other fun family traditions this weekend, shopping, cutting down our Christmas tree, decorating and relaxing with leftovers.

Miss Anything?  Not really.  I feel like last time I spent so much time missing this or that - that I'm really trying to enjoy the moments being pregnant.  Honestly I forget about the baby a ton, when I'm busy and distracted at work or busy playing and taking care of Aaden.  When the babe moves a ton or when I stand up and feel my tailbone is numb, i'm quickly reminded. 

Movement: A fair amount.  Aaden was such a mover and a shaker that I'm constantly realizing how more mellow this kiddo is.  The only time it's really uncomfortable is first thing in the morning, when the baby is shifting back into a new position.

Food aversions: Cherry 7up.

Gender: Unknown.  But I'm convinced it's a boy and only refer to it as a "he."

Labor Signs: Nothing new here.

Symptoms: Back pain, numbness in my tailbone and a general ache when switching positions or sitting too long. 

Belly Button in or out? Out.  Totally and completely out. 

Wedding rings on or off? On, and hoping to stay that way.

Looking forward to: Making some progress on getting the bedding made for Aaden's big-boy room, getting his bed started and starting to make a dent in our massive to-do list! Christmas shopping is on the list - so that will be conquered this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment