Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Half-baked. And a 3D image.


How far along? 20 weeks.  HALFWAY ALREADY!
• Total weight gain: +2 lbs.

• Maternity clothes? Definitely pants. And I’ve been noticing some of my normal shirts don’t work anymore.  Too short.

• Stretch marks? Not yet.
• Sleep: Definitely getting worse.  Have a few restless nights.


• Best moment this week: Our ultrasound!  And getting a 3D view of our baby!

• Miss Anything? Physical activity.  Found out I have placenta previa, and I got strict instructions from the Dr. that I had to limit any physical work.  No lifting, no mowing the lawn, no working out, and no grocery bag lifting. 
• Movement: A ton, and the babe is getting much stronger!! Still haven’t gotten Aaron to feel it yet though.
• Food cravings: Ice cream, puppy chow


• Food aversions: Nothing I don’t normally dislike.

• Gender: Unknown.  I did the whole wedding ring/strand of hair test and it says girl.  We’ll see…
• Labor Signs: Not yet.  But I’ve been stiff, sore and crampy once in a while.
• Symptoms: Back pain, stiffness and sore middle section.


• Belly Button in or out? Pretty much level, not out yet, but I’m guessing it will be soon.
• Wedding rings on or off? On.
• Looking forward to: Spending a whole weekend with Aaron in Duluth over the holiday weekend!




Aaron’s been working a ton, so my limited activity instructions suck.  Aaron doesn’t have time to mow the lawn and do a bunch of stuff for me.  It annoys me that I pride myself on being stubborn and independent, and now I can’t even get groceries alone.  Grr…



BUT, with that said, if there was something wrong, I’m glad it’s placenta previa. Baby looked big, healthy and organs/limbs were all intact.  12 ounces already!  It was measuring almost a whole week bigger than our due date.  But she/he has been a good 4-6 days ahead of schedule since our first ultrasound.  I have to go back in 6 weeks for them to check the location of the placenta. Pictures below.



I still can’t believe we’re halfway done.  If the placenta doesn’t shift upwards, we could have this baby 3-4 weeks early too! I guess we’ll have to wait and see.




No comments:

Post a Comment